Porcelain Veneers – Upper Kirby, Houston
Invest in a Beautiful Smile with Veneers
Do you hide behind a less than perfect smile? You do not need to let discoloration, chips, or gaps weigh you down. You can revamp your smile by transforming your teeth with porcelain veneers in Houston. Dr. Dodig can enhance your smile by instantly covering your cosmetic imperfections. After just two appointments, you will have natural-looking results that can last for several years.
What are Porcelain Veneers?
When you think about veneers, teeth with a chiclet-like appearance may come to mind. Although this may have been true in the past, you can result assured no one will know your veneers are not your real teeth because porcelain closely mimics enamel. It also allows the veneers to be very thin, but they are still effective for covering several cosmetic issues at once.
Placing the thin shells onto the front surfaces of the teeth instantly hides the concerns that cause you to feel insecure about your looks. They are the ideal option if you want drastic results using a minimally invasive solution.
What Can Porcelain Veneers Fix?
Porcelain veneers are a preferred cosmetic treatment because they can resolve several imperfections, such as:
- Dark tooth discoloration that will not respond to whitening treatments.
- Chipped, gapped, or abnormally shaped teeth.
- Make shorter than average teeth appear longer.
- Close gaps between teeth.
- Hide minor alignment issues for a straighter smile.
What Can I Expect During the Procedure?
Generally, you can expect the entire process to take 2 appointments after your initial consultation. Dr. Dodig first cleans your teeth and prepares them for bonding by removing a small amount of enamel. The etching process is necessary to ensure the veneers sit flush on your teeth. Since porcelain allows them to be thinner, less enamel is removed to keep more of your tooth intact. This makes the treatment minimally invasive. In fact, you may not even need a local anesthetic.
After your teeth are prepared, Dr. Dodig takes an impression of your mouth to create your custom-made veneers. The dental lab carefully crafts them to ensure they meet your size, shape, and color needs. This can take a couple of weeks, so Dr. Dodig will attach temporary ones in the meantime. In a couple of weeks, you will return to have your final veneers bonded to your teeth.
How Long Do Veneers Last?
Veneers are durable despite being thin. They can last for an average of 10 years before needing to be replaced. You can help protect your new smile by:
- Brushing your teeth twice a day using a soft-bristled toothbrush and nonabrasive toothpaste.
- Floss daily.
- Do not bite into overly hard foods, like ice.
- Do not use your teeth as tools to open packages.
- Do not bite on inedible objects, such as your fingernails or pencils.
- Wear an athletic mouthguard when playing sports.
- Visit your dentist in Houston twice a year for a cleaning and checkup.
Schedule Your Consultation
Invest in your self-esteem by achieving the smile of your dreams. Contact West U Dental Smiles today to schedule your consultation for porcelain veneers.